Thursday, July 23, 2009

Out and About

We had lunch with my friend Cheri today, who we now have named "Nada." Funny thing, she sent me a text asking what we (me and Lola) were doing on Thursday. I didn't see it for a few hours, so I understand the confusion when I responded, "Nada, wanna meet for lunch?"

She responded to ME, "R u talking to me or Nada?"
When I said I was responding to her question about what we were doing on Thursday, she said, "Oh, I thought maybe u had a Russian friend named Nada." So, now, we're calling her Nada.

And we just got back from a lovely lunch at the Tea Light Cafe...yummy Vietnamese noodles. Nada gave us the sweetest little lamb that we will use to measure by weekly...also Nada's idea. This will help us to see how much Little Lola is growing!
Rodney discovered a new trick...When Lola is hungry, she open and closes her mouth like a little bird. So today, I was getting up for the couch, Rodney was holding Lola and he started doing that with HIS mouth. I asked him if that meant he wanted a Coke.
He said, "Well, it works for Lola."
So I did get him a Coke, but only because I was getting one for myself too...don't want to reward bad behavior too much!

Last night we tried our hand at a photo session. Not only do we not really know how to use our camera, we don't really know how to appease a new born so she'll smile and pose. We are going to try again, after reading the instructions on our camera so not everything comes out fuzzy. But we wanted to get up the pics of Lola in her Texas Tech jersey. Rodney wants to start instilling the Red Raider loyalty early.










I also thought some pink 'nekked' pictures would be fun. Lola didn't think so, but we gave it a shot!

0 comments: