Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lola's Room and Company

Well I'm almost done with Lola's room. I ordered some hot pink trim to add to the b/w bedding that I got prior to knowing we were having a girl. It came in yesterday and I got out my sewing machine and was able to use that for most of the bedding, however the bumper pad required some hand stitching. I got a blister on my finger doing it! Ouch!

It turned out so much cuter than I thought it would! I'm very pleased, and unlike my typical self, I actually FINISHED all the trim last night in one sitting. Usually, when I have a project, I get 3/4 of the way through and give up and never (or rarely) go back and finish...I get bored! But this time, I was done and was looking for more things to trim in hot pink eyelash trim! Sadly, I only found a trash can. I'm not very good at estimating amounts. I ordered 40 yards of the stuff--I NEEDED about 11 yards. Anyone need hot pink eyelash trim?
This lack in judgment on amounts landed me with an extra 5 1/2 yards of turquoise/brown upholstery fabric...I used 1/2 yard of what I bought. The extra is sitting in a closet. Oh well, I guess it's better to have too much than not enough!

Thomas is under the impression that this is HIS room, since I started working on her room, he has been camping out. What sealed the deal for him was the fact that I moved his chair in there and draped his girlfriend over it (this is what we have named the blanket that he likes to lounge on.)
Lola had her first visitors tonight, we had our friends over--veteran parents, for dinner this evening. It was really nice to be able to rejoice in the addition to our family with these folks. We were friends from church, and in small group together and we've been able to see their families grow, so it was exciting to share this with them too.
The upside of having friends over is the excuse to have CAKE! there is this wonderful little cake shop by our house called, Nothing Bundt Cakes...YUM-MY...and LEFTOVER cake! wow!

0 comments: