Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's HOT!

I am a reformed believer in the fact that it doesn't matter if it's a dry heat or not...114 is STILL HOT, especially when your air conditioner gives out! Rodney, Lola and I (along with Bogey and Thomas) have been holed up in our master bedroom with a window unit until the AC guys can get our new unit installed...Friday. Thomas and Bogey are taking it pretty well, especially considering they usually don't take too well to confinement. We have left this room as little as possible, unless it means actually leaving the house!

I found a great store today, actually, one of my friends told me about it and finally managed to catch it open today. Having spent a great deal of my adult life in Texas, it is absolutely necessary that this little girl be raised to wear big bows in her hair. The trouble is, we do not live in Texas. It seems little girls in Arizona wear bows proportionate to their little heads. And that just won't do! So, a fellow Texas gal turned me on to the store, Basically Bows, that has a WONDERFUL selection of baby bows as well as the little hats that Lola wears and sparkly stuff. Anyone who knows me knows that sparkly is a requirement of mine. I loved this store! Specifically, I loved the bow I found for Lola with a rhinestone "L" on the tail of the bow.

I also ventured to work for an hour or so and found a store that sells muslin swaddles. In this heat, the flannel ones are just too hot.
We are exposing Lola early to the great sit-coms of our age. During this time of confinement, we do not have cable in our room, but we do have a DVD player, so from last night and tonight, we have watched all of season 10 of Friends. Lola doesn't seem too affected by the heat, which is good!
She is changing so much! Her skinny little features are becoming round and chubby! I LOVE it and can't believe how quickly we are seeing this little personality emerge! We go to the pediatrician on Monday, I'm sure she will have grown some more. She has longer periods of awake and alert and is making eye contact, love it love it love it!!!
Look at her little legs, filling out and getting little chubby leg creases!!! SO cute!

0 comments: