Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lawyer and Other Stuff


Well we had our first meeting with our lawyer yesterday and, in my opinion, it went pretty well. We found out that the agency in Colorado didn't send us home with one of the documents that we need to finalize. Which didn't really surprise me, but we got the request in for that document and should have it before the end of the month. We also need to get Lola's birth certificate. The lawyer said that once she files with the courts, it should only take 3 months to finalize and would like to have it done by the end of the year. What a wonderful Christmas present THAT would be! The lawyer said she was surprised that I took it well that we don't have everything. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that we've gotten this far as the whole adoption thing is a very mysterious process that I'm still not sure about. Going into this, we really didn't know anything and probably still don't!
I've been introduced to the world of blogging and found a lot of them out there for/by new moms. Tonight I started reading about these babies who have all sorts of problems. I feel so very blessed (and humbled) that the only problem so far with Lola is the baby acne. I discovered tonight that it could be so much worse. I was reading about a little baby, Avery, who was born with numerous defects to her heart and intestines, which turned into other problems and was taken off all life support last month. It was heartbreaking to read and reminds me how fragile life is! I feel so blessed with a healthy baby girl and comfort her cries--even the ones that are for no real reason that I can figure out, with absolute joy! "There but for the grace of God go I!"






We had another failed attempt at a photo shoot.
I made this little tutu for her and thought, "How cute she will be in the middle of all the fluff!"
HA! THAT cry I could figure out! But here is a sample of how that turned out!







She smiled at me this week (not during the tutu incident)...and not the smile she gets when she is sleeping and enjoying the vibrating crib! But it's happened only once and I can't wait for it to be a regular event. She is making eye contact and looking around at the world with wide eyed wonder...I totally am in love with this little girl!
Rodney fed her and played with her a bit tonight. Got a cute CUTE picture of her looking at him. She is getting so strong and stable. Aren't they pretty? So sweet!

0 comments: