Sunday, September 6, 2009

Two Months and New Firsts

Yesterday Lola turned two months old. It's flown and she is growing, literally, right before our eyes! It has also been so fun to see this little tiny person do things for the first time. Today, it was rolling over...and over and over and over. (We kept doing it, just to be sure it wasn't a fluke!) As many of you know, I'm somewhat glued to my computer and this morning was no exception. A friend of ours who also has a little baby, had posted a picture on their blog of their little girl having tummy time on an ottoman. So Rodney brought in the ottoman from Lola's room and put the tummy-time mat on it so that I could be on my laptop and have Lola within reach. She hates tummy-time, and we have been lax in getting her to do it anywhere but on our chests. It's just sad to put her on her tummy and listen to her cry, so we just haven't been very disciplined in doing it. The fun thing about doing it on our chests is that she will push away with her hands and feet, then lean to one side and topple over. Then she alternates sides. We like that she seems to enjoy that when we do it and we get to participate. But the pediatrician told us we also needed to do tummy-time on a flat surface as well.
So this morning, we decided we needed to do it right. So I was on my laptop, chatting with a friend, and I notice that she was heading over. So I scooted the tummy time mat to the opposite edge of the ottoman so she didn't roll off, then started watching. Slowly she was rotating herself so that she was 1/4 of the way there, then 1/2 -- which is where I started snapping pictures, then voila! She was on her back. I SO couldn't believe it! So I flipped her
over and off she was again. And again, and again, and again. Four more times we did it before Rodney came to see. It would have been just my luck that she didn't do it again, but nope, over she went. We couldn't get her to stay on her stomach. So, looks like we may have missed our tummy-time window. It was just so exciting! I felt like I was at a sporting event rooting for my very favorite team! Go Lola! Go Lola! Wow!
Yesterday was the first Tech game of the season...Lola was decked out and ready to root for the Red Raiders with her daddy. Unfortunately, we don't get very many Tech games on TV here, so really she was sporting the red and black while Daddy got mobile updates sent to his phone! Either way, Momma had fun putting her in her little head to toe Red Raider outfit!
Our other first was the first time to leave Lola with a babysitter. We went to dinner with some friends last night and our neighbor's daughter (the one who house sat for us when we went to get Lola) came over and sat with Lola. We had a fun night out, but did miss our little girl. It was the first time we both went out and someone other than family watched her. We go to the pediatrician again on Tuesday, and then it's time for shots! Lola doesn't know the difference, but Rodney and I aren't looking forward to it at all. Will let everyone know how it goes! So, a very exciting day in the Sherrard household. One thing I've discovered is that this little girl is making my body ache! For some reason, I have injured my left wrist, right wrist and my lower back aches from leaning over and changing her. So one solution for me was to convert an old dresser we had in the garage to a changing table. It was a fun little project and I'm very pleased with the results. I sanded down the faces of the drawers and painted them animal print. Then replaced the bronze lion face drawer pulls with hot pink ones. So cute and today, my back doesn't hurt!
Here are the "plunger" pics side by side so we can see how she has grown in comparison to the pacifier!


0 comments: