Sunday, May 2, 2010

Big Week and Many Firsts

So Gamma and Gampa came for a visit last week, and what a great week, in terms of Lola watching, for them to be here!  It seems like the growing comes in little eventful bursts.
The beginning of our new firsts was the morning she learned how to sit up from a laying down position. She also learned to get to her belly from a sitting position by leaning forward on her knees. She got her first tooth, we are very excited about that! She says, "mamamamama..." and in response to seeing ME. Which I absolutely love. She says, "Hi",  and "Heeyyyy".  I'm not convinced that she is ever going to crawl. She zooms all over our living room via roll and pivot with great efficiency, so I just don't see her ever having the motivation to crawl, but who knows!  She has started pulling herself up, or rather grabbing on stuff higher than her head and holding on, but I see where she is headed with that...I can almost see the wheels turing in her head as she analyzes the spot she is in. I'd like to peek in that little mind and know what's happening in there!
What a treat it is to see her light up with a big smile and wave. Course she is waving to her own face, but she gets it! ONCE, when Gamma and Gampa were here, she said, "bye bye."
Lola has become a dancer. If you know me at all, you know I like to sing. I'm constantly making up little snippets for her and singing them to her. I don't sing well, but she isn't quite old enough to have figured that out yet. So, when I start to sing, or do a little,  "doodle oodle doo," she starts bobbing her head in time to the music. I'm hoping someday soon to catch this little act on video and post it.  But sometimes, Lola doesn't perform on cue.
Again, if you know me, you know that my entertainment preferences are not much more sophisticated than a teenager. My latest kick is "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." (Don't judge!) There is this whole path that brought me here...starting with the TV show, "Bones", but I won't get into that now. Anyway, several weeks ago, I Netflixed the whole series and have been watching it here and there. I find the theme song quite annoying and try to hit the mute button whenever it comes on. Well the other day, Lola was playing on the floor and I was putzing around the living room, nowhere near the remote when the theme song came on. Her head shot up, she looked at the TV with the biggest grin ever, and started doing her dance for the duration of the credits. For what ever reason, that song gets her little head moving to the beat. It's a hoot!
It's just so amazing all the things she has learned to do over the past week or so. Seriously, how incredible it is that we can just see her shooting up and learning new things all the time.  She is such a happy baby and we just feel so blessed to be part of her life.

0 comments: