Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving and Pictures!


Last week, we changed up our tradition of going to Lubbock for Thanksgiving, and headed to Las Cruces. This is where I grew up and it's the first Thanksgiving I have been there in 21 years, first holiday in 20! It still feels like home!
We got to meet our new niece, Jaycee, who is the cutest little red head ever! And she is so tiny compared to Lola!  We went to our sister-in-law's sister's house (confused?) She lives not far from my parents, so it was still easy to have all the people we love together!
We took Lola and Jaycee to Sears to have a photo shoot of the two new cousins. It went OK, getting babies to do what you want them to is not so easy. But, surprisingly, we got some pretty good shots! I posted the pictures on the Share Site.
After Thanksgiving night, though, we had a bit of a scare. My dad went home early and called us to let us know that Bogey, our dog, was no longer in the yard. Historically, Bogey has had a difficult time of staying confined. We have on our tags that he's a fence jumper and to call us, however, that morning, I took his collar off.  So Dad and I set off looking in the car, Rodney went off on foot. Rodney's dad and brother headed out too and we scoured the neighborhood. FINALLY, my father in law found someone who was wondering the neighborhood looking for Bogey's family! He said Bogey was very happy to see him. And we were VERY relieved!

We also had Lola's picture taken with Santa, which was ok, but there was just no getting her to smile. But that's ok. She didn't cry!
A fun highlight of the weekend was getting to see my high school football team play in the state semi-finals--and win. It wasn't really a game, but it was good to see some old friends and we didn't lose! That was the first game I had been to also in 21 years!
Now we are getting ready for our work Christmas party Saturday evening. I was trying to make these really yummy cheese puffs covered in a toffee-like coating. But I don't have any idea what I did wrong, but both batches I made burned after half the time in the oven.  I'm disappointed! Oh well, there will be enough other good stuff!
I'm also pleased that I got my Chrstimas cards all done and out! It was fun making them this year, since I have such a beautiful little subject to showcase! We had OUR Christmas in July this year, for sure!




0 comments: